Post Large header
It can be easy to lapse into a predictable routine at the weekend, especially if you’re on a strict budget. However, there are plenty of fun things to do during your days off, and to prove this here are 53 examples of activities to liven up your free time. They are cheap, fun, and entertaining, so give them a go!
1. Go For a Walk: A brisk walk is healthy and can be a fascinating pursuit.
2. Go For a Run: It’s free and great exercise.
3. Learn to Juggle: This fun and healthy pastime is a great way to impress your friends, and Lifehack’s guide can teach you the basics.
4. Go Swimming: go for a swim to leisure center.
5. Drum: You don’t need a drum kit – get some percussive objects and work out a groove. Just don’t blow anything up, like Keith Moon used to.
6. Dance: Turn on the radio, or stick on your iPod, and dance away to your favorite songs.
7. Community Sports: There are many community football, cricket, baseball or basketball teams you can join. Take advantage of the opportunity to meet new people whilst working out.
8. Watch Wildlife: Heading out to a local park, or into the countryside, is a free way to see nature in action.
9. Head to the Playground: Most communities provide a free park replete with a playground. Those swings and seesaws are fun no matter how old you are.
10. Do Some Gardening: Head into your garden! If you live in a flat in the city you can check supermarkets for indoor potato or tomato growing bags and herb gardens.